8 Watt Audio Power Amplifier Schematic
Useful circuit for self-powered speakers, Radios, TV, can be used as car power amplifier
Here is the schematic for an 8 watt audio power amplifier. This amp can be used as a simple booster, the heart of a more complicated amplifier or used as a guitar amp. It is very small and portable unit and can be powered through 12V battery. I built the circuit on a Vero Board and had to add extra inductors, capacitors and resistors to prevent oscillation.
8 Watt Audio Power Amplifier Circuit Diagram
R1 = 47K
R2 = 2.2R/1W
R3 = 220R/1W
R4 = 2.2R/1W
C1 = 100nF-63V
C2 = 10uF-25V
C3 = 470uF-25V
C4 = 2000uF-25V
C5 = 100nF-63V
IC1 = LM383
SPKR = 4ohm/8W
- IC1 must be installed on a heat sink.
- C1 is for filtering and to prevent oscillation and should not be omitted.
- The circuit can be built on a Vero Board, universal solder board or PC board, the PC board is preferred.
- The circuit draws about 880Ma at 12 V.
- By swapping the values of R2 and R3; you can turn this amplifier into a guitar amp with no preamp required.
- If you can't find 2000uF, then replace C4 with a 2200uF unit.
- If you add a 0.2uF capacitor in series with a 1 ohm resistor to the output you can prevent oscillation of the circuit under certain conditions.